This will be an individual Swiss tournament with at least 4 sections, but trophies will be awarded based on team performance.
- Date: Friday, January 30th, 2015
- Time: 7-9pm
- Location: Belmont Public Library
- Pre-registration is required: http://januarypcl.eventbrite.com/
- There will be at least 4 sections:
- USCF advanced section (approx rating 700-1200)
- USCF beginner section (approx rated under 700)
- Unrated intermediate
- Unrated beginner
- Each section will have about 12 - 20 players.
- All games in the USCF sections will be USCF Quick-Rated.
- Time control for all games: G/18 (no delay)
- Each player will play 3 games.
- Individual Swiss format, except players are guaranteed not to play against other players from their school.
- Round times: 7:00pm, 7:40pm, 8:15pm. Trophies: 8:50pm
- Players must play for the school they currently attend, except 5th graders (and below) may play for their elementary school alma mater
Scoring subject to change based on number of sections, but scoring will be something like this for team trophy purposes:
- USCF section 1: 42 points per win (21 points per draw). Expected rating range for section: 700 - 1200 (may be modified to balance sections)
- USCF section 2: 34 points per win. Expected rating range for section: under 700 (may be modified to balance sections)
- Unrated Intermediate: 30 points per win
- Unrated Beginner: 22 points per win
- USCF members must play in USCF section.
- Non-members may play in unrated sections, or become members to play in USCF rated sections. Sign up for USCF membership here (memberships start at $17 per year).
- Unrated USCF members may play in either USCF section (player's choice).
- Rated USCF members may not play below their section, but can optionally play in the higher section even if they are lower-rated. Exception: provisionally-rated USCF members may be placed in lower rated section at TD's discretion.
- USCF Quick Ratings will be used for section and pairing purposes.
- Best Super team (6 players)
- Best Large team (5 players)
- Best Standard team (4 players)
- Best Small team (3 players)
- Best Mini team (2 players)
- To qualify for a team trophy, a team *must* have at least the required number of players.
- Only the top scoring players on the team get a trophy (i.e., for a standard team, only the top 4 get trophies; ties broken by tie-breaks).
- A team cannot win more than 1 trophy. e.g., a team winning the Large team trophy is disallowed from winning the Standard team trophy.
- There will be trophies for individual players with perfect 3.0 scores, but only to those who didn't already win a team trophy (you can't win two trophies).